Cerise de Michigan pours a beautiful peach-like color somewhere between red and orange. The thin head takes the form of a bubbly film on the top of the beer and the moderate aroma is fruit-forward with tart cherry and raspberry notes. The taste is very fruity as well, featuring a blend of cherry, green apple, blueberries, and under-ripe strawberries. It falls mid-range on the sourness scale with quite a bit of mouth-watering tartness balanced by some sugar sweetness in the aftertaste. It is aged in wine barrels and this imparts some oaky characteristics to the flavor. There is also a slight brininess that lends some gose-like salinity. Through all of this, the beer manages to remain refreshing and the 7.5% ABV is not noticeable. This is definitely one to look for from Lake Effect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. 15 minutes ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer 4th of Juicy. 19 minutes ago
- dheliker added a rating for 4th of Juicy. 22 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Windows Up. 1 hour ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Cloud Surfer. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Corona Premier. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star: Coffee Edition (2017). 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity