Tusk & Grain Wee Heavy pours a dark, dark brown with a finger of tan head that sticks around and laces nicely. The nose is amazing that starts with a pleasant nuttiness, caramel malts, and biscuit. Although it's brewed with hazelnuts and cacao nibs, we couldn't really pick those up in the flavor. There's a mild nuttiness, but it's got a heavy maltiness with a touch of caramel, oak, bourbon, and vanilla that's really nice. It's somewhat thin for a Wee Heavy, and has moderate carbonation - but what it lacks in mouthfeel it makes up in flavor. It's also dangerous at 11.32% ABV, we wouldn't describe it as boozy. It's wonderfully balanced and does not have that alcohol bite you'd expect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Brickstone Brewery American Pale Ale. 15 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Two Beers Fresh Hop 2016. 47 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Logic Gate. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to California Golden Beers. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Mr. Pineapple. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Source Series Apis. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Sour Series Batch No. 7. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity