Tusk & Grain Wee Heavy pours a dark, dark brown with a finger of tan head that sticks around and laces nicely. The nose is amazing that starts with a pleasant nuttiness, caramel malts, and biscuit. Although it's brewed with hazelnuts and cacao nibs, we couldn't really pick those up in the flavor. There's a mild nuttiness, but it's got a heavy maltiness with a touch of caramel, oak, bourbon, and vanilla that's really nice. It's somewhat thin for a Wee Heavy, and has moderate carbonation - but what it lacks in mouthfeel it makes up in flavor. It's also dangerous at 11.32% ABV, we wouldn't describe it as boozy. It's wonderfully balanced and does not have that alcohol bite you'd expect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 and 1 other added a rating for Ponto S.I.P.A. (Sessionable India Pale Ale). 36 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Hayburner. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Azacca IPA. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hogwaller Scramble. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Gaffel Kolsch. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bobble Head Red IPA. 7 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Double Pillow. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity