Color is dark brown with about a finger of dark brown, creamy head. Aroma is full of raspberry. There's also some dark malt and chocolate, but it's really mostly raspberry. Tastes as we expected, with huge amounts of raspberry paired with dark malt, vanilla, chocolate, and light bourbon. It's like a chocolate covered raspberry, if that's a thing. Surprisingly (in a good way), it's a bit tart and not very sweet, so we wouldn't classify this as a dessert beer. The 9.9% is undetectable. The bourbon and barrel-aging flavors are there, but they are pretty subtle. Smooth, silky mouthfeel, and the body is light to medium. This is a great wintertime sipper and something off the beaten path in the stout world!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 53 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- Alexa listened to San Diego Part 2. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Citraholic. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 7 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity