The 2015 Giant Made of Shadows is a Belgian Strong Ale that was aged in bourbon barrels. The color is deep reddish brown with a thin head. The aroma on this beer will blow you away. It is intense and a bit intimidating with a boozy onslaught of alcohol and fruit, almost like a spiked apple cider. But the flavor is delicious and not boozy at all. Lots of fruit flavors, especially apple, but perhaps some dark fruit as well. Mixed in are cinnamon and clove spices, plus caramel or butterscotch. Silky smooth texture with a warming mouthfeel. This is bourbon barrel aged, and that is noticeable, but some of the flavors might make you think of something aged in a rum barrel instead. Overall this is an outstanding beer. The 2015 version was released in 2016, and we'd love to pick up a few more of these to cellar and try again in a year or two!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis and 1 other listened to What's My Name Again?. 21 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Icelandic Lime & Juniper Pils. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to On the Boulevard. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA