The 2015 Giant Made of Shadows is a Belgian Strong Ale that was aged in bourbon barrels. The color is deep reddish brown with a thin head. The aroma on this beer will blow you away. It is intense and a bit intimidating with a boozy onslaught of alcohol and fruit, almost like a spiked apple cider. But the flavor is delicious and not boozy at all. Lots of fruit flavors, especially apple, but perhaps some dark fruit as well. Mixed in are cinnamon and clove spices, plus caramel or butterscotch. Silky smooth texture with a warming mouthfeel. This is bourbon barrel aged, and that is noticeable, but some of the flavors might make you think of something aged in a rum barrel instead. Overall this is an outstanding beer. The 2015 version was released in 2016, and we'd love to pick up a few more of these to cellar and try again in a year or two!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 10 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Atomically. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Spaten Pils. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity