The 2015 Giant Made of Shadows is a Belgian Strong Ale that was aged in bourbon barrels. The color is deep reddish brown with a thin head. The aroma on this beer will blow you away. It is intense and a bit intimidating with a boozy onslaught of alcohol and fruit, almost like a spiked apple cider. But the flavor is delicious and not boozy at all. Lots of fruit flavors, especially apple, but perhaps some dark fruit as well. Mixed in are cinnamon and clove spices, plus caramel or butterscotch. Silky smooth texture with a warming mouthfeel. This is bourbon barrel aged, and that is noticeable, but some of the flavors might make you think of something aged in a rum barrel instead. Overall this is an outstanding beer. The 2015 version was released in 2016, and we'd love to pick up a few more of these to cellar and try again in a year or two!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Philbert. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lupulin Orbit. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Fruit and Milk. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for LHazy River. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Stars Align. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Tropic Haze IPA. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity