Super dark brown in color, with a bubbly, tan colored head that thins pretty quickly. Big, bold aroma of chocolate and coffee. The taste has roasted, dark malt flavors, with chocolate, coffee, vanilla, caramel, and butterscotch. Molasses-like sweetness that is pretty sweet but definitely manageable. Mouthfeel is warming, with some bourbon barrel flavors, but there’s not an overt booziness that you get from some barrel aged stouts. Medium body with smooth, creamy carbonation. We’ve had several really good barrel aged beers from Silver City and this one is no exception.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to Operation IPA Overload. 10 minutes ago
- plarson listened to What's My Name Again?. 41 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Mountain Haze. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Venture Maine IPA. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 6. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Fields of Green: Crosby Comet. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Pay it Forward Cocoa Porter. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Old Chub Scotch Ale. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
From The Heart