The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it's full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 10 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Trade Bait. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for El Sully. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Kirin Ichiban. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity