The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it's full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 30 minutes ago
- HankW commented on beer Hooter Brown Ale. 42 minutes ago
- HankW uploaded a photo for beer Hooter Brown Ale. 1 hour ago
- HankW added a rating for Hooter Brown Ale. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning listened to DIPA Thoughts. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Get Back to Wort!. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 and 1 other listened to Stouting Match. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity