Color is dark brown with a head that is also dark brown, creamy in texture with moderate retention. Lots of sticky lacing is left on the glass. Malty aroma with lots of coffee and chocolate. Taste is bold and strong, with bitter dark chocolate (or maybe baker's chocolate) and roasted coffee, supported by a smooth oat backbone. Slim to none on the sweetness scale. The malt flavors are robust, but there's also an earthy, hop presence. Hints of bourbon, but there's almost no alcohol detection, even at 13.1%. Mouthfeel is creamy smooth, light carbonation, with a body that is full but not heavy. Aging this a couple years has paid off, as the beer is super smooth with no booziness, and it still maintains the robust coffee and chocolate flavors. Excellent work, Fremont.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Identity Crisis. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hang 'em High. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Birra Moretti La Rossa. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Seattle Show. 5 hours ago
- Alexa and 1 other added a rating for Rooster's Cream Ale. 6 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity