Stone Mocha IPA
A melding of two styles, Mocha IPA brings the attributes of a coffee stout and an IPA together in one beer. It achieves this on the pour, a dark amber color that is dark for an IPA but light for a stout and a cream colored head that could be found with either style. The aroma leans more to the stout side with strong cold-brewed smells with only the slightest amount of hops. The taste is much more balanced with moderate citrus hops that are counterbalanced by earthy coffee and cocoa flavors. Despite the very strong flavors in this beer, they have managed to keep a medium body and very little alcohol burn at 8%. It is surprising how well these two very different styles of beer pair together.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 5 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Kushetka Imperial Stout. 30 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Coffee Stout (2020 Dark Matter Coffee). 43 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Good Green. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Erdinger Oktoberfest. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Hop Swingers. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Blazing World. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity