Stone Mocha IPA
A melding of two styles, Mocha IPA brings the attributes of a coffee stout and an IPA together in one beer. It achieves this on the pour, a dark amber color that is dark for an IPA but light for a stout and a cream colored head that could be found with either style. The aroma leans more to the stout side with strong cold-brewed smells with only the slightest amount of hops. The taste is much more balanced with moderate citrus hops that are counterbalanced by earthy coffee and cocoa flavors. Despite the very strong flavors in this beer, they have managed to keep a medium body and very little alcohol burn at 8%. It is surprising how well these two very different styles of beer pair together.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Positive Contact. 31 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Beaver State Brews. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Keep the Noise Low. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Citrus Wheat Beer. 3 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Get Back to Wort!. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Hitched on Haze. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity