Stone Mocha IPA
A melding of two styles, Mocha IPA brings the attributes of a coffee stout and an IPA together in one beer. It achieves this on the pour, a dark amber color that is dark for an IPA but light for a stout and a cream colored head that could be found with either style. The aroma leans more to the stout side with strong cold-brewed smells with only the slightest amount of hops. The taste is much more balanced with moderate citrus hops that are counterbalanced by earthy coffee and cocoa flavors. Despite the very strong flavors in this beer, they have managed to keep a medium body and very little alcohol burn at 8%. It is surprising how well these two very different styles of beer pair together.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for The Slowest Drink at the Saddest Bar on the Sunniest Day in the Greatest City. 5 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Rogue Cold Brew IPA. 57 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Le Merle. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Bitter Monk. 3 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for PseudoSue Galaxy Dry Hopped. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Devil Dancer. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Hop Kitchen - Bretta IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity