Stone Mocha IPA
A melding of two styles, Mocha IPA brings the attributes of a coffee stout and an IPA together in one beer. It achieves this on the pour, a dark amber color that is dark for an IPA but light for a stout and a cream colored head that could be found with either style. The aroma leans more to the stout side with strong cold-brewed smells with only the slightest amount of hops. The taste is much more balanced with moderate citrus hops that are counterbalanced by earthy coffee and cocoa flavors. Despite the very strong flavors in this beer, they have managed to keep a medium body and very little alcohol burn at 8%. It is surprising how well these two very different styles of beer pair together.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Redhook Long Hammer IPA. 18 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Peche 'n Brett. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Graham Cracker Porter. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Elderberry Sour. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for On Fleek. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Dunkel. 5 hours ago
- DadMike added a rating for Brown Angel. 5 hours ago
- beavwarius and 1 other commented on beer Coors Light. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity