Color is dark amber, non-transparent, with a huge, creamy, white head that lasts forever. Aroma of smoked malt is unique and powerful. To call this a “farmhouse altbier with smoked malt” is an understatement. Bold, intense flavors from the smoked malt, including BBQ-like flavors of smoked meat, ash, toffee, cola, and tobacco. Mesquite would be a good overall word for it. Very malt forward, with burnt malt, caramel malt, and a slight brown sugar and molasses sweetness. Hops are earthy and peaty, and there’s an unexpected flavor on the backend that could be raspberry or cherry or some other dark fruit. Smoky from start to finish, with a light to medium body and a cigar-like aftertaste. Can’t say we’d grab this on a regular basis, but it’s a complex and and one-of-a-kind beer that’s worth trying if you can find it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Yuengling Lager. 17 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for La Terrible. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Pumpkin Down. 2 hours ago
- Alexa and 1 other listened to Happy New Beer!. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Not Your Father's Root Beer 5.9%. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to What's My Name Again?. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to LA LA Land. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other added a rating for Geuze Mariage Parfait 2013. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity