Color is dark amber, non-transparent, with a huge, creamy, white head that lasts forever. Aroma of smoked malt is unique and powerful. To call this a “farmhouse altbier with smoked malt” is an understatement. Bold, intense flavors from the smoked malt, including BBQ-like flavors of smoked meat, ash, toffee, cola, and tobacco. Mesquite would be a good overall word for it. Very malt forward, with burnt malt, caramel malt, and a slight brown sugar and molasses sweetness. Hops are earthy and peaty, and there’s an unexpected flavor on the backend that could be raspberry or cherry or some other dark fruit. Smoky from start to finish, with a light to medium body and a cigar-like aftertaste. Can’t say we’d grab this on a regular basis, but it’s a complex and and one-of-a-kind beer that’s worth trying if you can find it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to Some Pumpkins. 33 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to St. Paddy's Day Show. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to 100th Episode!. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Amalgamator. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for GUBNA Imperial IPA. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Arctic Saison Batch #5. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity