Color is dark amber, non-transparent, with a huge, creamy, white head that lasts forever. Aroma of smoked malt is unique and powerful. To call this a “farmhouse altbier with smoked malt” is an understatement. Bold, intense flavors from the smoked malt, including BBQ-like flavors of smoked meat, ash, toffee, cola, and tobacco. Mesquite would be a good overall word for it. Very malt forward, with burnt malt, caramel malt, and a slight brown sugar and molasses sweetness. Hops are earthy and peaty, and there’s an unexpected flavor on the backend that could be raspberry or cherry or some other dark fruit. Smoky from start to finish, with a light to medium body and a cigar-like aftertaste. Can’t say we’d grab this on a regular basis, but it’s a complex and and one-of-a-kind beer that’s worth trying if you can find it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Umbrella Single-Hop IPA. 46 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Blam! Blam!. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Seizoen. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Crusher. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Pumps Bumps -N- Rollers. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to San Diego Part 2. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Machine House Golden Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity