Color is dark amber, non-transparent, with a huge, creamy, white head that lasts forever. Aroma of smoked malt is unique and powerful. To call this a “farmhouse altbier with smoked malt” is an understatement. Bold, intense flavors from the smoked malt, including BBQ-like flavors of smoked meat, ash, toffee, cola, and tobacco. Mesquite would be a good overall word for it. Very malt forward, with burnt malt, caramel malt, and a slight brown sugar and molasses sweetness. Hops are earthy and peaty, and there’s an unexpected flavor on the backend that could be raspberry or cherry or some other dark fruit. Smoky from start to finish, with a light to medium body and a cigar-like aftertaste. Can’t say we’d grab this on a regular basis, but it’s a complex and and one-of-a-kind beer that’s worth trying if you can find it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 29 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Zonker Stout. 1 hour ago
- plarson listened to Deja Stout. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Gia Girl. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Imaginary Friends. 4 hours ago
- IPAman listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Hazy Beer Quartet. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity