Avery 23 is very dark in color, dark brown with a purplish hue. It has almost no head and very little carbonation. The aroma is also quite reserved with just a slight Belgian yeast smell and some dark cherry. It takes a few sips to adjust to the sweetness, but when you do you get a ton of great fruit flavor, grape and cherry with a slight tartness in the aftertaste that keeps the sweetness from lingering too long. It is medium bodied and not at all boozy for 8.7%. Avery has come up with a very unique and balanced beer to celebrate their 23rd.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Xtra-Citra Pale Ale. 40 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Nitro Merlin Milk Stout. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cloud Curtain - Nelson Sauvin . 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Sabrosa. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Devil Dancer. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Le Jus. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Sour Power Hour. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Bud Light. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity