El Cedro from Jester King pours a hazy, golden color with a couple fingers of pure white, foamy head. Funky aroma of light Brettanomyces yeast and pine needles. Taste has a lot of that farmhouse yeast up front, and there's also a bitter, earthy, piney hop flavor. Plus some lemon lime citrus, maybe even some green apple and pear. The cedar aging gives it a touch of wood or barrel notes. Well carbonated with a dry, effervescent mouthful. Slightly tart and very crisp and refreshing. High quality and very enjoyable - this is a farmhouse ale where hopheads will appreciate the bitterness.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer and 1 other added a rating for Glitter & Gold. 19 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Killian's Irish Red. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Time Traveller (2017). 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Prost Y'all - Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Ode etta Sahti. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for ber Affengeil. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Hop Streaker. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Beard Tax. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity