Category:India Pale Ale (IPA)
Brewery:Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Rating:What did you think of it? Never Tried It
This beer pours the standard-issue Sierra Nevada amber/copper color, but it is certainly a departure from their familiar offerings. This beer pours with significant white head and presents an up front variety of citrus aromas. On the taste, there's a hop oil intensity that adds a complex flavor profile with hints of mango and papaya complimented by a floral sweetness. These flavors quickly diminish after a strong bitterness peeks though for a quick second. This beer quenches your thirst but has a drying bitterness that seems to suck the moisture off your tongue, and is followed up by a mellowing of the bitter and a return, full circle, to the fruity sweetness in the final moments of the aftertaste. This beer is a tropical bombshell up front followed by a hoppy "torpedo" blast that never seems to end. This is a must-try beer for a hop fan. A tip of the hat goes to the creative brewer over at Sierra Nevada.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Indian Brown Ale. 22 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Panic IPA. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Highland Oatmeal Porter. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 and 1 other added a rating for Pumpkin Spice Latte (Nitro). 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Shploing!!. 4 hours ago
- SweeneyWorldWide commented on beer Hop Jitsu. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Vallis Aurea. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Bozo Beer. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Summer Beers 2022
Birra Nursia Bionda
search4adventure Jan 20, 2016 at 1:19PMI tried this last night. It's a starburst, Delicious, Not like or unlike any other IPA. At 55 IBU's of nothing I've ever had before. Mango's and hints of other tropical flavors abound. Dry finish. I agree, It's a must try.
Leave a Comment: