This used to be called Regulators Hazy IPA, but is now simply Regulators IPA, which makes more sense as it it pours a deep gold color, but it's just barely hazy. Head is thick, frothy, and pretty long lasting. Aroma is funky; just based on the smell you might think this is a Brett IPA. Both the aroma and the taste have a saison or farmhouse ale impression that caught us off guard, but it works. Crisp and refreshing mouthfeel. Bready and doughy malt complemented by hops that have tropical fruit, citrus, and green apple. But really the yeast and tart funkiness are what stand out, especially for an IPA. And there's a bit of sweetness from the lactose sugar to smooth things out. Finish is dry, slight tart, slightly bitter, and it lingers for a while, allowing you plenty of time to ponder the uniqueness of this beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 1 minute ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 300. 42 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity