This used to be called Regulators Hazy IPA, but is now simply Regulators IPA, which makes more sense as it it pours a deep gold color, but it's just barely hazy. Head is thick, frothy, and pretty long lasting. Aroma is funky; just based on the smell you might think this is a Brett IPA. Both the aroma and the taste have a saison or farmhouse ale impression that caught us off guard, but it works. Crisp and refreshing mouthfeel. Bready and doughy malt complemented by hops that have tropical fruit, citrus, and green apple. But really the yeast and tart funkiness are what stand out, especially for an IPA. And there's a bit of sweetness from the lactose sugar to smooth things out. Finish is dry, slight tart, slightly bitter, and it lingers for a while, allowing you plenty of time to ponder the uniqueness of this beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for The Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale. 29 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Xtra-Citra Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Nitro Merlin Milk Stout. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cloud Curtain - Nelson Sauvin . 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Sabrosa. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Devil Dancer. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Le Jus. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Sour Power Hour. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity