In honor of what would have been Tom Petty's 70th birthday this week, today's beer is Petty Hazy IPA from 2Toms Brewing in Fort Wayne, IN. It pours a deep gold/light amber colored hazy beer with a substantial amount of foamy white head. The aroma is a combination of citrus and stone fruit (peach, apricot and nectarine). The taste focuses more on the citrus and retains just a hint of the sweet fruit flavors. The citra and galaxy hops blend well to create a flavorful hop bitterness that balances out the taste. It appears we are at the end of this beer's run. But with the great taste and the great sentiment, its return is all but guaranteed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Karl Strauss Mosaic Session Ale. 38 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Icelandic Toasted Porter. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Goosed. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Beaver State Brews. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity