Category:American Wild Ale
Brewery:Calicraft Brewing Co.
Walnut Creek, CA
Rating:What did you think of it? Never Tried It
This version of Buzzerkeley is a Barrel-Aged Wild Sparkling Ale. Vintage #0001 from 2014 so it's been in the bottle for a few years. It pours a cloudy, golden amber color. Head is creamy, foamy, off-white, and leaves some light lacing on the glass. The aroma has a nice funkiness, lots of Brettanomyces and a fruity, champagne-like aroma. Taste is phenomenal. Tart at first, with citrus and tropical fruit flavors; dry and very refreshing. Oak flavors from the Sauvignon Blanc barrels create a soft smoothness but also an earthy, woody bite. The Brett is noticeable, but perhaps the champagne yeast is more pronounced. A semi-sweet honey sweetness shows up in the finish, and the tartness seems to mellow out with each sip. As long as you like tart beers, this is unique twist that combines the qualities of both sour beer and champagne, and we found it to be quite enjoyable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 listened to It's a Trappist!. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Noche Dulce. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Bonkers. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Three Dogfish Night Joy to the World. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Beard Tax. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Bourbon Barrel Aged Coconut Stout. 7 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Fulton Barrel Aged Proper Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Summer Beers 2022
Wild Little Thing
Cup of Gold
Leave a Comment: