This version of Buzzerkeley is a Barrel-Aged Wild Sparkling Ale. Vintage #0001 from 2014 so it's been in the bottle for a few years. It pours a cloudy, golden amber color. Head is creamy, foamy, off-white, and leaves some light lacing on the glass. The aroma has a nice funkiness, lots of Brettanomyces and a fruity, champagne-like aroma. Taste is phenomenal. Tart at first, with citrus and tropical fruit flavors; dry and very refreshing. Oak flavors from the Sauvignon Blanc barrels create a soft smoothness but also an earthy, woody bite. The Brett is noticeable, but perhaps the champagne yeast is more pronounced. A semi-sweet honey sweetness shows up in the finish, and the tartness seems to mellow out with each sip. As long as you like tart beers, this is unique twist that combines the qualities of both sour beer and champagne, and we found it to be quite enjoyable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Pterodactyl. 22 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for More Dark Lager. 1 hour ago
- Alexa listened to L.A. Beers. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for American Cheat Codes. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Lustro. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity