Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest is a bolder, more Americanized take on the Oktobertfest style. It pours a clear, coppery orange color with a thin white head. The aroma pairs caramel toffee sweetness with some peppery hops. This beer approaches the next beer style on the calendar, borrowing some qualities from pumpkin beers (minus the nutmeg and other festive spices). They say everything is bigger in Texas, and this certainly has the biggest, boldest flavor of any Oktoberfest beers we've tried this season. It finishes with a cola-like mouthfeel with equal amounts sweetness and carbonation, providing loads of flavor and bubbles that last and last.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for For British Eyes Only. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for AleWerks Pumpkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- IPAman and 1 other listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 2 hours ago
- plarson listened to Oktoberfestivus. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Branches. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Anchor Summer Wheat. 6 hours ago
- lposada listened to Strange Green Beer, Apical Dominance, 4/20 and more!. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Barrel Project: Mango Sour Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity