Color is a very dark brown with one finger of khaki colored head that fades quickly but leaves some nice lacing. Earthy aroma with dark malt, bourbon, oak, and maybe a hint of cinnamon. Taste is malt forward with robust flavors of dark bread, chocolate, vanilla, and oak. There's an ideal amount of sweetness like molasses or maple syrup. But what stands out is the bitterness. English hops create a bitter but flavorful bit, definitely above average intensity for this style. Yet it's still very well balanced. Medium to full bodied but not heavy. Mouthfeel is creamy and warming and the 11% is shocking. Finishes smooth with a lingering sweetness. A fantastic winter warmer - Prost Y'all!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 3 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity