Color is a very dark brown with one finger of khaki colored head that fades quickly but leaves some nice lacing. Earthy aroma with dark malt, bourbon, oak, and maybe a hint of cinnamon. Taste is malt forward with robust flavors of dark bread, chocolate, vanilla, and oak. There's an ideal amount of sweetness like molasses or maple syrup. But what stands out is the bitterness. English hops create a bitter but flavorful bit, definitely above average intensity for this style. Yet it's still very well balanced. Medium to full bodied but not heavy. Mouthfeel is creamy and warming and the 11% is shocking. Finishes smooth with a lingering sweetness. A fantastic winter warmer - Prost Y'all!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 49 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 7 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Juicebox Series - Peach Berliner Weisse. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity