Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest is a bolder, more Americanized take on the Oktobertfest style. It pours a clear, coppery orange color with a thin white head. The aroma pairs caramel toffee sweetness with some peppery hops. This beer approaches the next beer style on the calendar, borrowing some qualities from pumpkin beers (minus the nutmeg and other festive spices). They say everything is bigger in Texas, and this certainly has the biggest, boldest flavor of any Oktoberfest beers we've tried this season. It finishes with a cola-like mouthfeel with equal amounts sweetness and carbonation, providing loads of flavor and bubbles that last and last.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Birra Moretti La Rossa. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Jacaranda. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Spectral Evidence. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Fantasy Factory. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Saint Archer IPA. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Brickstone Brewery American Pale Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity