Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest is a bolder, more Americanized take on the Oktobertfest style. It pours a clear, coppery orange color with a thin white head. The aroma pairs caramel toffee sweetness with some peppery hops. This beer approaches the next beer style on the calendar, borrowing some qualities from pumpkin beers (minus the nutmeg and other festive spices). They say everything is bigger in Texas, and this certainly has the biggest, boldest flavor of any Oktoberfest beers we've tried this season. It finishes with a cola-like mouthfeel with equal amounts sweetness and carbonation, providing loads of flavor and bubbles that last and last.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer and 1 other added a rating for Glitter & Gold. 45 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Killian's Irish Red. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Time Traveller (2017). 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Prost Y'all - Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Ode etta Sahti. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for ber Affengeil. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Hop Streaker. 7 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Beard Tax. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity