This is an “Imperial Pale Ale” that pours a pretty clear, pale amber color with one finger of white, foamy head. Aroma is quite balanced, with caramel malt coupled with bright, hoppy notes. The flavor is balanced like the aroma, with a good amount of doughy malt flavors along with a light caramel sweetness. We get a range of hop flavors, including stone fruit, tropical fruit, citrus, and pine. Medium bitterness, but not quite as much as you’d expect for 85 ibu. Medium to full bodied for the style, with a resinous mouthfeel. This is an impressive IPA. The 7.5% catches up with you quickly, but it’s well balanced and a satisfying experience from start to finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for La Morena. 1 minute ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Hoosier Red. 33 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Aphotic. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for City Wide. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Beaver State Brews. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Capital Brewery Oktoberfest. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity