Oyster Tompkins pours a dark brown, nearly black color. Head is ½ finger thick, brown and frothy. Aroma of dark malt, molasses, and soy sauce. Taste is pretty similar, with earthy hops up front, but then the dark malt takes over. The malt flavors are smoky and robust, with black coffee, dark chocolate, and just a tiny bit of sweetness. We don’t get much in the way of oysters, however. There is a mild sea salt flavor, which might be those oysters but it’s hard to say. The 10.1% is pretty hidden. This beer just seems rustic and hearty with overall fantastic flavor. Not as much of a Strange Brew as we expected, but is a really tasty Imperial Oatmeal Stout nevertheless.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Dancing Man Wheat. 22 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Jai Alai. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Fort George Vortex IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Sactown Brews. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to LA LA Land. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: HiFi + LoFi Mixtape. 6 hours ago
- SweeneyWorldWide commented on beer MadeWest Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity