Oyster Tompkins pours a dark brown, nearly black color. Head is ½ finger thick, brown and frothy. Aroma of dark malt, molasses, and soy sauce. Taste is pretty similar, with earthy hops up front, but then the dark malt takes over. The malt flavors are smoky and robust, with black coffee, dark chocolate, and just a tiny bit of sweetness. We don’t get much in the way of oysters, however. There is a mild sea salt flavor, which might be those oysters but it’s hard to say. The 10.1% is pretty hidden. This beer just seems rustic and hearty with overall fantastic flavor. Not as much of a Strange Brew as we expected, but is a really tasty Imperial Oatmeal Stout nevertheless.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lips of Faith - Grätzer. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Stone Mocha IPA. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Jacaranda. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for El Jeffe American Wheat. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for More is More. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for 11th Anniversary Barleywine. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for 22nd Crooked Line Birthday Suit. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity