Oyster Tompkins pours a dark brown, nearly black color. Head is ½ finger thick, brown and frothy. Aroma of dark malt, molasses, and soy sauce. Taste is pretty similar, with earthy hops up front, but then the dark malt takes over. The malt flavors are smoky and robust, with black coffee, dark chocolate, and just a tiny bit of sweetness. We don’t get much in the way of oysters, however. There is a mild sea salt flavor, which might be those oysters but it’s hard to say. The 10.1% is pretty hidden. This beer just seems rustic and hearty with overall fantastic flavor. Not as much of a Strange Brew as we expected, but is a really tasty Imperial Oatmeal Stout nevertheless.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 40 minutes ago
- Diesel5 listened to L.A.I.P.As. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning listened to California Grab Bag II. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Seattle Show. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Dorado High. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for 22nd Crooked Line Birthday Suit. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Isle Of MaGourdo. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity