Oyster Tompkins pours a dark brown, nearly black color. Head is ½ finger thick, brown and frothy. Aroma of dark malt, molasses, and soy sauce. Taste is pretty similar, with earthy hops up front, but then the dark malt takes over. The malt flavors are smoky and robust, with black coffee, dark chocolate, and just a tiny bit of sweetness. We don’t get much in the way of oysters, however. There is a mild sea salt flavor, which might be those oysters but it’s hard to say. The 10.1% is pretty hidden. This beer just seems rustic and hearty with overall fantastic flavor. Not as much of a Strange Brew as we expected, but is a really tasty Imperial Oatmeal Stout nevertheless.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Peeper Ale. 59 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Imperial Frambozen with Cocoa. 1 hour ago
- lposada and 1 other listened to Hop o' The Morning. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Head South. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 7 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Pale to the King. 8 hours ago
- AnnaB and 1 other listened to Beaver State Brews. 9 hours ago
- More Latest Activity