Oyster Tompkins pours a dark brown, nearly black color. Head is a finger thick, brown and frothy. Aroma of dark malt, molasses, and soy sauce. Taste is pretty similar, with earthy hops up front, but then the dark malt takes over. The malt flavors are smoky and robust, with black coffee, dark chocolate, and just a tiny bit of sweetness. We don't get much in the way of oysters, however. There is a mild sea salt flavor, which might be those oysters but it's hard to say. The 10.1% is pretty hidden. This beer just seems rustic and hearty with overall fantastic flavor. Not as much of a Strange Brew as we expected, but is a really tasty Imperial Oatmeal Stout nevertheless.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 37 minutes ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Samuel Adams Summer Ale. 53 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Blackened Voodoo Lager. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Formless Reflections. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to Christmas Special. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity