Oyster Tompkins pours a dark brown, nearly black color. Head is ½ finger thick, brown and frothy. Aroma of dark malt, molasses, and soy sauce. Taste is pretty similar, with earthy hops up front, but then the dark malt takes over. The malt flavors are smoky and robust, with black coffee, dark chocolate, and just a tiny bit of sweetness. We don’t get much in the way of oysters, however. There is a mild sea salt flavor, which might be those oysters but it’s hard to say. The 10.1% is pretty hidden. This beer just seems rustic and hearty with overall fantastic flavor. Not as much of a Strange Brew as we expected, but is a really tasty Imperial Oatmeal Stout nevertheless.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Avalon. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to 100th Episode!. 3 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Simtra Triple IPA. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Petrus Aged Ale. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to On the Boulevard. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to LA LA Land. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity