Oyster Tompkins pours a dark brown, nearly black color. Head is a finger thick, brown and frothy. Aroma of dark malt, molasses, and soy sauce. Taste is pretty similar, with earthy hops up front, but then the dark malt takes over. The malt flavors are smoky and robust, with black coffee, dark chocolate, and just a tiny bit of sweetness. We don't get much in the way of oysters, however. There is a mild sea salt flavor, which might be those oysters but it's hard to say. The 10.1% is pretty hidden. This beer just seems rustic and hearty with overall fantastic flavor. Not as much of a Strange Brew as we expected, but is a really tasty Imperial Oatmeal Stout nevertheless.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 listened to Oktoberfest 2019. 52 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Saison Nouveau. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Smoke and Mirrors. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to Portlandia. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Think Tank #17. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity