Oyster Tompkins pours a dark brown, nearly black color. Head is ½ finger thick, brown and frothy. Aroma of dark malt, molasses, and soy sauce. Taste is pretty similar, with earthy hops up front, but then the dark malt takes over. The malt flavors are smoky and robust, with black coffee, dark chocolate, and just a tiny bit of sweetness. We don’t get much in the way of oysters, however. There is a mild sea salt flavor, which might be those oysters but it’s hard to say. The 10.1% is pretty hidden. This beer just seems rustic and hearty with overall fantastic flavor. Not as much of a Strange Brew as we expected, but is a really tasty Imperial Oatmeal Stout nevertheless.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for PsycHOPathy IPA. 3 minutes ago
- RexMundi commented on beer Allagash Curieux. 38 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Another One. 49 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Redemption. 1 hour ago
- lposada listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Mirror Universe. 3 hours ago
- RexMundi added a rating for Allagash Curieux. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Oktoberfestivus. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity