Or Xata was our most recent "Strange Brew" because it's different from almost every beer we've ever tried. On the pour, it's a cloudy, yellow orange color with a thin white head consisting of tons of tiny bubbles. It smells like cinnamon milk, basically horchata with alcohol. Creamy mouthfeel with just a bit of hops and malt. If not for the high carbonation, we'd wonder if this was even a beer at all. But it's extremely enjoyable, with cinnamon, rice, and dairy flavors much like the actual horchata. With perfect timing, this makes us think of a dessert beer, and one we'd love to bring to a holiday party to share with friends and family.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Chonk - Tropical Berry Blast Sundae Sour. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Rve Coffee Stout - Mocha Hazelnut . 2 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Founders. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Pacific Northwest. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Derivative: El Dorado. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bodhizafa IPA. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 7 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for 2nd Shift Brewing Kolsch. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity