Color is dark brown, non-transparent, with one finger of tan colored, soapy head. Aroma is very malt forward, with dark bread and chocolate. Flavor is exactly what you would think based on the appearance. Malty, dark bread, hints of chocolate, coffee, and light molasses, but thankfully not much sweetness. Hops come second with this beer, but there’s a nice amount of bitterness that reminds us of a British pub ale. Nevertheless, it’s a lager! Smooth, creamy mouthfeel with ample carbonation. Very tasty, and easily to put back several of these at 4.8% ABV.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 30 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hang 'em High. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Maduro. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Chasing Nelson. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Filbert. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity