Dark Star is a Black Kolsch, which, after having this beer, is a style we'd like to see a lot more of. The color is dark but the beer is still fairly light bodied. Taste is mostly caramel malt and toffee, with a cashew or hazelnut nutty flavor. Hops are light and subtle, but grassy in nature and complementary to the malts. Some black pepper on the finish, and very smooth. We really enjoyed this beer and would highly recommend dropping by the brewery if you can make it to Columbia, Missouri.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller added a rating for Saison des Rêves. 6 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Golden Monkey. 29 minutes ago
- budman1 listened to Ho Ho Holly Jolly Christmas Beers. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for S1nist0r Black Ale. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Donner Party Porter. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Windows Up. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to St. Paddy's Day Show. 5 hours ago
- Tattoosday added a rating for Chonk Sundae Sour (Tropical Berry Blast). 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity