Dark Star is a Black Kolsch, which, after having this beer, is a style we'd like to see a lot more of. The color is dark but the beer is still fairly light bodied. Taste is mostly caramel malt and toffee, with a cashew or hazelnut nutty flavor. Hops are light and subtle, but grassy in nature and complementary to the malts. Some black pepper on the finish, and very smooth. We really enjoyed this beer and would highly recommend dropping by the brewery if you can make it to Columbia, Missouri.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Beer V. 43 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Stalk. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Outside Denali IPA. 3 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Xocoveza. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Samuel Adams New World Tripel. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 7 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity