Dark Star is a Black Kolsch, which, after having this beer, is a style we'd like to see a lot more of. The color is dark but the beer is still fairly light bodied. Taste is mostly caramel malt and toffee, with a cashew or hazelnut nutty flavor. Hops are light and subtle, but grassy in nature and complementary to the malts. Some black pepper on the finish, and very smooth. We really enjoyed this beer and would highly recommend dropping by the brewery if you can make it to Columbia, Missouri.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 48 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Edge of Mysteries: DDH Mosaic. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for The Pupil. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Infinite Wishes 2017. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Boss Pour. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Donner Party Porter. 7 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity