Color is dark amber, slightly transparent, with two fingers of khaki colored head. Strong aroma of seasonal spices. Big, bold, taste – wow! Malt forward with distinct flavors of brown sugar, butter, and candied yams. There’s a sweetness that dominates the flavor, with marshmallow and molasses on top of all that brown sugar. Despite all the sweetness, it’s really enjoyable and it drinks more like a seasonable sipper and not at all dessert-like. Full bodied with a warming mouthfeel. This would have been perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but it’s still great for New Year’s or any day during the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 39 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 300. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity