Perhaps the hardest bottle to open, but if you can get the cork out, it pours a dark reddish amber with a monstrous, foamy, light tan colored head that never fades away. Fantastic, Belgian-like aroma of dark fruit, malt, and yeast. Taste is big and complex. Fruit forward with flavors of date, raisin, and plum. There's an underlying sweetness of caramel and chocolate. High carbonation, and with the sweetness it tastes remarkably similar to Rum and Coke! Boozy with a warming mouthfeel. Earthy and floral hops, but the hops simply support the fruit and malt flavors. Just a touch of coffee and leather. Finish has more of the dark fruit and banana that is slightly sweet and lingers. Lots going on here - it's not your typical Belgian-style beer, but the flavors are intense, unique and interesting.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lifestyle. 7 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Karl Strauss Mosaic Session Ale. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Icelandic Toasted Porter. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Goosed. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity