Perhaps the hardest bottle to open, but if you can get the cork out, it pours a dark reddish amber with a monstrous, foamy, light tan colored head that never fades away. Fantastic, Belgian-like aroma of dark fruit, malt, and yeast. Taste is big and complex. Fruit forward with flavors of date, raisin, and plum. There's an underlying sweetness of caramel and chocolate. High carbonation, and with the sweetness it tastes remarkably similar to Rum and Coke! Boozy with a warming mouthfeel. Earthy and floral hops, but the hops simply support the fruit and malt flavors. Just a touch of coffee and leather. Finish has more of the dark fruit and banana that is slightly sweet and lingers. Lots going on here - it's not your typical Belgian-style beer, but the flavors are intense, unique and interesting.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Inclined IPA. 20 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Champs de Fraises
Davy Brown Ale