Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 20 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to The Dark and the Pale. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Ginnepin Saison Ale. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Two Seam IPA. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Flora. 6 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Hazy Beer Quartet. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity