This year's Killer Green Fresh Hop IPA pours a dark amber, light copper color with a sizeable off-white frothy head with nice retention. Aroma is fresh, dank, herbal and grassy. On the taste, we get some sweet caramel malt up front, but then plenty of hops for balance. Hops are earthy and herbal, but also fruity, with some banana and melon. Resinous with lots of mouthcoating; this even seems a bit boozy. But then there's a mint freshness, especially in the finish. Somewhat tingly and crisp, the mint is like a palate cleanser after a big meal. Smooth and far from bitter for 97 IBUs, this is an IPA that mixes things up a bit with its flavor profile.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris listened to San Diego Part 1. 13 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for The Joaquin Dead Mexican Red Ale. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 listened to Exploring the Vault. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for KillaPilz. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Pacific Prost. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for EZPZ Dry Hopped Pilsner. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity