Color is medium to dark amber, about one finger of foamy, off-white head with huge bubbles and lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is sweet, with caramel malt and a bit of booziness. Taste is pretty boozy right off the bat as the 13.2% is certainly there. Rich, malty flavors of caramel, chocolate, and butterscotch, along with dark fruit, especially fig and prunes. The bourbon barrels lend a bit of sweetness, but it's not overdone. As the beer warms, we realize the booziness is still very drinkable. While it might be nice to age this a bit, this was quite enjoyable right now.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 12 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium Ben & Jerry's). 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Tower Station IPA. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hangar 24 Amarillo Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Head Full of Dynomite v.5. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Le Petit Diablotin. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap