Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn't syrupy. Medium body - not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Brownie Double Brown Ale. 4 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer and 1 other added a rating for Young's Double Chocolate Stout. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Galactica IPA. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Memory Foam. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Invent the Universe. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Füry Kölsch. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 3 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Arkham's Finest Star Destroyer Umami Rover Truck NxS. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity