Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn't syrupy. Medium body - not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Young's Double Chocolate Stout. 44 minutes ago
- DadMike added a rating for Cloud Curtain - Nelson Sauvin . 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Julius. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Arete 2016. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Partying Past Burning Bridges. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Tre Fontane Tripel Trappist Ale. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Love Child No. 9. 5 hours ago
- RexMundi commented on podcast If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity