Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn’t syrupy. Medium body – not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 24 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Lava Smoked Imperial Porter. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Everyone Gose Mad. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Rock the Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Gigantic IPA. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Here Gose Nothin'. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity