Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn't syrupy. Medium body - not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Pine'Hop'Le. 1 minute ago
- Missy19 and 1 other listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Dopamine (Ghost 822). 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Pool Party Haze. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Catalyst. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Sugar Pine Cocoa-Vanilla Porter. 7 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Playification. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity