Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn't syrupy. Medium body - not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 57 minutes ago
- Diesel5 listened to Some Pumpkins. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Limelight IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Mana Wheat. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 7 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Love Buzz Saison. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity