Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn't syrupy. Medium body - not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 37 minutes ago
- AnnaB listened to Pelican. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Clencher Double IPA. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Sweet Sunny South. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity