Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn’t syrupy. Medium body – not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Half Hitch. 43 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Vanilla Oatis. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Vunderbar Pilsner. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Sip of Sunshine. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Sactown Brews. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Highland Oatmeal Porter. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Winter is Here. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity