Hopernicus pours a very clear, golden amber color. There's a thin, off-white head with good lacing. The aroma is very hoppy, fresh, dank, and piney. But the flavor is more citrus and tropical fruit, pretty sticky with solid mouthcoating. Make no mistake, this is a hoppy beer, but it's well balanced with a bready malt backbone. There's some sweetness, as you would expect with a 10% DIPA. And the finish is a nice grapefruit with slight bitterness that lingers. Overall a fantastic beer from Beachwood.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Summertime Brews. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Lizard's Mouth Imperial IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Sounds. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Flying Fish XPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Uppercut IPA. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Shepplekofeggan. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity