Hopernicus pours a very clear, golden amber color. There's a thin, off-white head with good lacing. The aroma is very hoppy, fresh, dank, and piney. But the flavor is more citrus and tropical fruit, pretty sticky with solid mouthcoating. Make no mistake, this is a hoppy beer, but it's well balanced with a bready malt backbone. There's some sweetness, as you would expect with a 10% DIPA. And the finish is a nice grapefruit with slight bitterness that lingers. Overall a fantastic beer from Beachwood.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 50 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Tea Weiss. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lizard People. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for White Sand Imperial IPA. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Beers Up North. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Love Child No. 5. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Got Damn. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity