Hopernicus pours a very clear, golden amber color. There's a thin, off-white head with good lacing. The aroma is very hoppy, fresh, dank, and piney. But the flavor is more citrus and tropical fruit, pretty sticky with solid mouthcoating. Make no mistake, this is a hoppy beer, but it's well balanced with a bready malt backbone. There's some sweetness, as you would expect with a 10% DIPA. And the finish is a nice grapefruit with slight bitterness that lingers. Overall a fantastic beer from Beachwood.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to Beers Up North. 43 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Druid Pils South. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis and 1 other listened to What's My Name Again?. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Icelandic Lime & Juniper Pils. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA