Carpello pours dark brown in color, with a thin, oily, khaki colored head. Beautiful lacing on the glass. Aroma is really nice; somewhat boozy, bourbon dominant. The taste has flavors of coffee, toffee, and bourbon, but less bourbon than we got on the aroma. Plenty malty but not too sweet, although there’s a taste of molasses that seems to stand out. It’s fairly boozy right now and would do well with more aging. Medium body, with a rich, robust profile into the finish. Most of the beers we’ve had from Burgeon have been Pale Ales or IPAs. It’s nice to try something different and hoping they keep making some of these barrel aged beers. Cheers!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Love Child No. 9. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Wrought Iron IPA. 2 hours ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for podcast Summer Beers 2022. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Lizard's Mouth Imperial IPA. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Farthingale. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Branches. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Narwhal Imperial Stout. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity