Carpello pours dark brown in color, with a thin, oily, khaki colored head. Beautiful lacing on the glass. Aroma is really nice; somewhat boozy, bourbon dominant. The taste has flavors of coffee, toffee, and bourbon, but less bourbon than we got on the aroma. Plenty malty but not too sweet, although there’s a taste of molasses that seems to stand out. It’s fairly boozy right now and would do well with more aging. Medium body, with a rich, robust profile into the finish. Most of the beers we’ve had from Burgeon have been Pale Ales or IPAs. It’s nice to try something different and hoping they keep making some of these barrel aged beers. Cheers!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Grand Hill IPA. 2 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Inclined IPA. 36 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Champs de Fraises
Davy Brown Ale