Carpello pours dark brown in color, with a thin, oily, khaki colored head. Beautiful lacing on the glass. Aroma is really nice; somewhat boozy, bourbon dominant. The taste has flavors of coffee, toffee, and bourbon, but less bourbon than we got on the aroma. Plenty malty but not too sweet, although there’s a taste of molasses that seems to stand out. It’s fairly boozy right now and would do well with more aging. Medium body, with a rich, robust profile into the finish. Most of the beers we’ve had from Burgeon have been Pale Ales or IPAs. It’s nice to try something different and hoping they keep making some of these barrel aged beers. Cheers!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Ninja vs. Unicorn. 52 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 listened to California Golden Beers. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Tropical Mist. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Double Doors. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for 8 Second Kolsch. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 7 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Temptation. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity