Carpello pours dark brown in color, with a thin, oily, khaki colored head. Beautiful lacing on the glass. Aroma is really nice; somewhat boozy, bourbon dominant. The taste has flavors of coffee, toffee, and bourbon, but less bourbon than we got on the aroma. Plenty malty but not too sweet, although there’s a taste of molasses that seems to stand out. It’s fairly boozy right now and would do well with more aging. Medium body, with a rich, robust profile into the finish. Most of the beers we’ve had from Burgeon have been Pale Ales or IPAs. It’s nice to try something different and hoping they keep making some of these barrel aged beers. Cheers!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Flying Fish XPA. 3 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Blind Ambition - Alchemic Ale Series. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for 5 O'Clock Pils. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity