No doubt the perfect beer for today, Eclipse hits all the marks when it comes to a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout. First, on the color, it's a dark brown, nearly black color with a thick, khaki colored, creamy head. Roasted malts and chocolate in the aroma. Taste is amazing: dark roasted malt, milk chocolate, and vanilla. Sweet but not too sweet, and the honey really adds to the flavor for this style of beer. Ours was aged in Templeton Rye barrels, and the barrel aging of this beer really smoothes out all of the flavors. Mouthfeel is creamy with perfect carbonation. All we can say is WOW - one of the best Imperial Stouts we've ever come across. Enjoy!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Birra Nursia Extra Abbey Ale. 34 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Levadura. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Warsteiner Oktoberfest. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 10. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Odell IPA. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Unfiltered Sculpin. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity