Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout
Pours a dark brown color with a dark tan head. The head thins quickly, but leaves plenty of nice lacing on the glass. Strong, boozy aroma. Taste has some of the normal traditional stout flavors like toasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and caramel. The whisky barrel flavors are present too, with oak and some bourbon-like sweetness. But there's also a slightly sour element that surprised us a bit. The sourness is pleasant, just not what we expected for this style. Medium to full body with a sticky mouthfeel. This is a sipper that you should let warm up a bit if you had it in the fridge. The booziness from the aroma burns off and the beer is more complex and tasty as you let the beer breathe a bit. Overall a very good imperial stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to Christmas Special. 19 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bro-Kini. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Double Toasted Marshmallow. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Stout at the Devil. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Pilsner. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Deserables. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for CHP - Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity