Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout
Pours a dark brown color with a dark tan head. The head thins quickly, but leaves plenty of nice lacing on the glass. Strong, boozy aroma. Taste has some of the normal traditional stout flavors like toasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and caramel. The whisky barrel flavors are present too, with oak and some bourbon-like sweetness. But there’s also a slightly sour element that surprised us a bit. The sourness is pleasant, just not what we expected for this style. Medium to full body with a sticky mouthfeel. This is a sipper that you should let warm up a bit if you had it in the fridge. The booziness from the aroma burns off and the beer is more complex and tasty as you let the beer breathe a bit. Overall a very good imperial stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hopslam Ale. 50 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for IPA 395. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for F* Cancer IPA. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Experimental J-Hole. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for California 99 Golden Ale. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Rebel IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity