Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout
Pours a dark brown color with a dark tan head. The head thins quickly, but leaves plenty of nice lacing on the glass. Strong, boozy aroma. Taste has some of the normal traditional stout flavors like toasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and caramel. The whisky barrel flavors are present too, with oak and some bourbon-like sweetness. But there's also a slightly sour element that surprised us a bit. The sourness is pleasant, just not what we expected for this style. Medium to full body with a sticky mouthfeel. This is a sipper that you should let warm up a bit if you had it in the fridge. The booziness from the aroma burns off and the beer is more complex and tasty as you let the beer breathe a bit. Overall a very good imperial stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Karate Chimp. 16 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for MadeWest Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Summertime Brews. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Get Back to Wort!. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for The Calling IPA. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity