Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout
Pours a dark brown color with a dark tan head. The head thins quickly, but leaves plenty of nice lacing on the glass. Strong, boozy aroma. Taste has some of the normal traditional stout flavors like toasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and caramel. The whisky barrel flavors are present too, with oak and some bourbon-like sweetness. But there's also a slightly sour element that surprised us a bit. The sourness is pleasant, just not what we expected for this style. Medium to full body with a sticky mouthfeel. This is a sipper that you should let warm up a bit if you had it in the fridge. The booziness from the aroma burns off and the beer is more complex and tasty as you let the beer breathe a bit. Overall a very good imperial stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Fullerton Haze Hop Blend No. 6. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Logic Gate. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Crusher. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for American Sour (2015). 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Melvin IPA. 7 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mind Haze IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity