Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout
Pours a dark brown color with a dark tan head. The head thins quickly, but leaves plenty of nice lacing on the glass. Strong, boozy aroma. Taste has some of the normal traditional stout flavors like toasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and caramel. The whisky barrel flavors are present too, with oak and some bourbon-like sweetness. But there’s also a slightly sour element that surprised us a bit. The sourness is pleasant, just not what we expected for this style. Medium to full body with a sticky mouthfeel. This is a sipper that you should let warm up a bit if you had it in the fridge. The booziness from the aroma burns off and the beer is more complex and tasty as you let the beer breathe a bit. Overall a very good imperial stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Truck Trail. 39 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheeple?. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Lupulin River. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Pepper & Peaches. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to On the Boulevard. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Sum'r Summer Ale. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Sanctification. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Flock Wave Unfiltered Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity