Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout
Pours a dark brown color with a dark tan head. The head thins quickly, but leaves plenty of nice lacing on the glass. Strong, boozy aroma. Taste has some of the normal traditional stout flavors like toasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and caramel. The whisky barrel flavors are present too, with oak and some bourbon-like sweetness. But there’s also a slightly sour element that surprised us a bit. The sourness is pleasant, just not what we expected for this style. Medium to full body with a sticky mouthfeel. This is a sipper that you should let warm up a bit if you had it in the fridge. The booziness from the aroma burns off and the beer is more complex and tasty as you let the beer breathe a bit. Overall a very good imperial stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 39 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for The Next Episode. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Collaboration No. 6 Barrel Aged Blend. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Top Cutter IPA. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Firestone Lager. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Rosebud Special Ale. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 and 1 other listened to Three Dogfish Night Joy to the World. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity