Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout
Pours a dark brown color with a dark tan head. The head thins quickly, but leaves plenty of nice lacing on the glass. Strong, boozy aroma. Taste has some of the normal traditional stout flavors like toasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and caramel. The whisky barrel flavors are present too, with oak and some bourbon-like sweetness. But there’s also a slightly sour element that surprised us a bit. The sourness is pleasant, just not what we expected for this style. Medium to full body with a sticky mouthfeel. This is a sipper that you should let warm up a bit if you had it in the fridge. The booziness from the aroma burns off and the beer is more complex and tasty as you let the beer breathe a bit. Overall a very good imperial stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Collaboration No. 6 Barrel Aged Blend. 41 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for El Sully. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 8. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Lupulin River. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Ace Of Spades. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hop Whoopin'. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Squeezebox. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity