Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout
Pours a dark brown color with a dark tan head. The head thins quickly, but leaves plenty of nice lacing on the glass. Strong, boozy aroma. Taste has some of the normal traditional stout flavors like toasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and caramel. The whisky barrel flavors are present too, with oak and some bourbon-like sweetness. But there's also a slightly sour element that surprised us a bit. The sourness is pleasant, just not what we expected for this style. Medium to full body with a sticky mouthfeel. This is a sipper that you should let warm up a bit if you had it in the fridge. The booziness from the aroma burns off and the beer is more complex and tasty as you let the beer breathe a bit. Overall a very good imperial stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 43 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Mackeson Triple XXX Stout. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Some Pumpkins. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other listened to From the Archives Part 1. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Piraat Ale. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Saison Nouveau. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Consecration. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity