Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout
Pours a dark brown color with a dark tan head. The head thins quickly, but leaves plenty of nice lacing on the glass. Strong, boozy aroma. Taste has some of the normal traditional stout flavors like toasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and caramel. The whisky barrel flavors are present too, with oak and some bourbon-like sweetness. But there's also a slightly sour element that surprised us a bit. The sourness is pleasant, just not what we expected for this style. Medium to full body with a sticky mouthfeel. This is a sipper that you should let warm up a bit if you had it in the fridge. The booziness from the aroma burns off and the beer is more complex and tasty as you let the beer breathe a bit. Overall a very good imperial stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris listened to October Spectacular!. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Honey Hips Strong Blonde. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Cantrip Kölsch. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Reissdorf Kölsch. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Solarc Shower Beer. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to All About the Stout. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity