Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout
Pours a dark brown color with a dark tan head. The head thins quickly, but leaves plenty of nice lacing on the glass. Strong, boozy aroma. Taste has some of the normal traditional stout flavors like toasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and caramel. The whisky barrel flavors are present too, with oak and some bourbon-like sweetness. But there's also a slightly sour element that surprised us a bit. The sourness is pleasant, just not what we expected for this style. Medium to full body with a sticky mouthfeel. This is a sipper that you should let warm up a bit if you had it in the fridge. The booziness from the aroma burns off and the beer is more complex and tasty as you let the beer breathe a bit. Overall a very good imperial stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Seattle Show. 27 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Ultra Violet Blackberry Sour Ale. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mogli. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Peeper Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity