Color is dark, dark brown with a finger of tan, creamy head. Coffee dominated aroma, but also some dark chocolate. Taste is malt forward, with a super smooth mouthfeel. Minimal sweetness, instead the malts have a bold, roasted flavor that really opens up the coffee and dark chocolate flavors. Hops are herbal and earthy, but they certainly take a back seat to the malts. The 13.5% is pretty hidden. But the whiskey barrel flavors may sneak up on you. On the finish, there's a smooth, bourbon sweetness that balances with the bold, coffee flavors. If you like bourbon and if you like coffee, this is the beer for you.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 6 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Deep Search Baltic Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Davy Brown Ale
Champs de Fraises