Anchor Summer Wheat is quite clear for a wheat beer and pours a golden yellow color. The head is thin with slight carbonation but with big bubbles. The aroma is very reserved lending just a hint of wheat and sweetness. It has a smooth lager flavor and a light mouthfeel. There is a slight lemon zest in the aftertaste that leaves a little dryness in the aftertaste that encourages the next sip. A lot of wheat beers these days are over the top with sweetness and the orange fruit flavors. Anchor completely avoids that with this beer keeping everything subtle and leaving you with an incredibly smooth and drinkable warm weather beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 31 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 3 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity