5 Hop pours blacker than a stout with a gigantic tan head that takes a while to calm down. The aroma is pretty robustly hoppy, predominantly a piney bitter smell. The first couple sips are mouth punches, with strong citrus and pine hoppiness that seem to compete with each other. The bitterness is almost chewable and the finish is rounded out by a burned malt characteristic that lingers. It's medium bodied and is smooth like a stout, and a unique brew for all the hop heads looking for something a little different. It's impressive and clever they managed to get the ABV in right at 5.55%.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Comatose Imperial IPA. 26 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Invasive Species IPA. 58 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Imperial Coconut Porter. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to California Golden Beers. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Speed of Sound. 4 hours ago
- Evenrude and 2 others added a rating for Allagash White. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Moosehead Lager. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Dale's Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity