Santa's Private Reserve Ale pours a reddish, dark amber color. The head is creamy and about a finger thick, tan in color, and seems to last forever. Belgian-style aroma of malt, fruit, yeast, and herbal spice. Taste is malt forward with toasted malt and caramel malt flavors plus some banana-bread notes. Quite fruity, but not your typical Belgian-style flavors aside from the banana. Instead, there's a lot more citrus and berry, in fact, the bottle mentions tangerine and boysenberry, both of which are unique for a Christmas Ale. Any sweetness is reserved, and the spice is noticeable but more in the background. Light to medium body with a well carbonated mouthfeel. Merry Christmas Eve!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson listened to L.A. Beers. 49 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hangar 24 Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Brianda. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Angelica. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 and 1 other added a rating for Fry Kolsch. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Seattle Show. 7 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: Master of Disguise. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity