Santa's Private Reserve Ale pours a reddish, dark amber color. The head is creamy and about a finger thick, tan in color, and seems to last forever. Belgian-style aroma of malt, fruit, yeast, and herbal spice. Taste is malt forward with toasted malt and caramel malt flavors plus some banana-bread notes. Quite fruity, but not your typical Belgian-style flavors aside from the banana. Instead, there's a lot more citrus and berry, in fact, the bottle mentions tangerine and boysenberry, both of which are unique for a Christmas Ale. Any sweetness is reserved, and the spice is noticeable but more in the background. Light to medium body with a well carbonated mouthfeel. Merry Christmas Eve!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 listened to IPAs East and West. 27 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Just Vanilla - Cuvee. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Elderberry Sour. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Trader Joe's Sour Blueberry. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Peeper Ale. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Leo v. Ursus - Doublus. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity