Santa's Private Reserve Ale pours a reddish, dark amber color. The head is creamy and about a finger thick, tan in color, and seems to last forever. Belgian-style aroma of malt, fruit, yeast, and herbal spice. Taste is malt forward with toasted malt and caramel malt flavors plus some banana-bread notes. Quite fruity, but not your typical Belgian-style flavors aside from the banana. Instead, there's a lot more citrus and berry, in fact, the bottle mentions tangerine and boysenberry, both of which are unique for a Christmas Ale. Any sweetness is reserved, and the spice is noticeable but more in the background. Light to medium body with a well carbonated mouthfeel. Merry Christmas Eve!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Rajah. 11 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Orange County. 46 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to All About the Stout. 2 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Pacific Northwest. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Santilli. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Safety Porpoises. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Cougar. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Trejo's Cerveza. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity