Santa's Private Reserve Ale pours a reddish, dark amber color. The head is creamy and about a finger thick, tan in color, and seems to last forever. Belgian-style aroma of malt, fruit, yeast, and herbal spice. Taste is malt forward with toasted malt and caramel malt flavors plus some banana-bread notes. Quite fruity, but not your typical Belgian-style flavors aside from the banana. Instead, there's a lot more citrus and berry, in fact, the bottle mentions tangerine and boysenberry, both of which are unique for a Christmas Ale. Any sweetness is reserved, and the spice is noticeable but more in the background. Light to medium body with a well carbonated mouthfeel. Merry Christmas Eve!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Belligerent Bloke. 37 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Sour Series Batch No. 7. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Epic Barley Wine. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Son of Juice. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Founders Centennial IPA. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Stouterday Night Live. 6 hours ago
- SweeneyWorldWide commented on beer Enjoy By 04.20.21 Hazy IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity