Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel
The gin barrel aged offering from Sierra Nevada's Trip in the Woods series pours a dark golden color with a two finger fine bubbled white head that recedes to a half finger ring around the glass. There's visible sediment suspended and floating all around that doesn't seem to sink, seemingly buoyed up by the lively carbonation. Aroma is subtle - mostly Belgian yeast but not really too distinguishable. The taste is bright but intense. Up front, it's warming like a Tripel, with notes of bread and maybe a little banana. The sweet boozyness hits next, followed by the botanic you would expect to be imparted from a gin barrel: juniper. It's complex though, with hints of honeysuckle, peach, ripe pear, and ripe banana.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to L.A. Beers. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Dos Equis Amber. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fort George Fresh IPA. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 8 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for The Fix (2018). 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity