Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel
The gin barrel aged offering from Sierra Nevada's Trip in the Woods series pours a dark golden color with a two finger fine bubbled white head that recedes to a half finger ring around the glass. There's visible sediment suspended and floating all around that doesn't seem to sink, seemingly buoyed up by the lively carbonation. Aroma is subtle - mostly Belgian yeast but not really too distinguishable. The taste is bright but intense. Up front, it's warming like a Tripel, with notes of bread and maybe a little banana. The sweet boozyness hits next, followed by the botanic you would expect to be imparted from a gin barrel: juniper. It's complex though, with hints of honeysuckle, peach, ripe pear, and ripe banana.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Super Beta. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Origin DIPA. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Icelandic Winter Ale (2016). 4 hours ago
- Alexa listened to All About the Stout. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Here Comes the Reaper. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity