Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel
The gin barrel aged offering from Sierra Nevada's Trip in the Woods series pours a dark golden color with a two finger fine bubbled white head that recedes to a half finger ring around the glass. There's visible sediment suspended and floating all around that doesn't seem to sink, seemingly buoyed up by the lively carbonation. Aroma is subtle - mostly Belgian yeast but not really too distinguishable. The taste is bright but intense. Up front, it's warming like a Tripel, with notes of bread and maybe a little banana. The sweet boozyness hits next, followed by the botanic you would expect to be imparted from a gin barrel: juniper. It's complex though, with hints of honeysuckle, peach, ripe pear, and ripe banana.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Hop Troll: Amarillo. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Fairy Nectar London. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Flora. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Art Car IPA. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Rogue Creamery 80th Anniversary Ale. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Bourbon Council. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity