Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel
The gin barrel aged offering from Sierra Nevada's Trip in the Woods series pours a dark golden color with a two finger fine bubbled white head that recedes to a half finger ring around the glass. There's visible sediment suspended and floating all around that doesn't seem to sink, seemingly buoyed up by the lively carbonation. Aroma is subtle - mostly Belgian yeast but not really too distinguishable. The taste is bright but intense. Up front, it's warming like a Tripel, with notes of bread and maybe a little banana. The sweet boozyness hits next, followed by the botanic you would expect to be imparted from a gin barrel: juniper. It's complex though, with hints of honeysuckle, peach, ripe pear, and ripe banana.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 21 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to Beaver State Brews. 1 hour ago
- SuzyQ commented on beer General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- SuzyQ added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Finial Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 6. 4 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity