Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel
The gin barrel aged offering from Sierra Nevada's Trip in the Woods series pours a dark golden color with a two finger fine bubbled white head that recedes to a half finger ring around the glass. There's visible sediment suspended and floating all around that doesn't seem to sink, seemingly buoyed up by the lively carbonation. Aroma is subtle - mostly Belgian yeast but not really too distinguishable. The taste is bright but intense. Up front, it's warming like a Tripel, with notes of bread and maybe a little banana. The sweet boozyness hits next, followed by the botanic you would expect to be imparted from a gin barrel: juniper. It's complex though, with hints of honeysuckle, peach, ripe pear, and ripe banana.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bruery Terreux Oude Tart with Cherries. 25 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Take Me Down to Cigar City. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Sum'r Summer Ale. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Boone County Brown. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity