Appearance is non-transparent, orangish amber, almost like a dull, rust color. There’s a good amount of visible sediment that is suspended evenly throughout the beer. Thin, ½ finger, wispy, off-white head that dissipates quickly. Huge aroma, with oak barrel notes, some Brett funk, and lots of fruit. The taste is quite good, with apple, apricot, guava, and cherry. We also get some spice flavors of cinnamon and clove. The wood and barrel-aging flavors are present, but there’s not as much of the farmhouse funk or yeast that we found in the aroma. Medium body and light carbonation that results in a silky, slick mouthfeel. Overall, this reminds us of a beer version of a brandy-spiked apple cider and it’s really delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for 80-Acre Hoppy Wheat Beer. 19 minutes ago
- duffy12 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Accumulated Knowledge. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Green Coyote Tomatillo Sour. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Lava Smoked Imperial Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity