Appearance is non-transparent, orangish amber, almost like a dull, rust color. There’s a good amount of visible sediment that is suspended evenly throughout the beer. Thin, ½ finger, wispy, off-white head that dissipates quickly. Huge aroma, with oak barrel notes, some Brett funk, and lots of fruit. The taste is quite good, with apple, apricot, guava, and cherry. We also get some spice flavors of cinnamon and clove. The wood and barrel-aging flavors are present, but there’s not as much of the farmhouse funk or yeast that we found in the aroma. Medium body and light carbonation that results in a silky, slick mouthfeel. Overall, this reminds us of a beer version of a brandy-spiked apple cider and it’s really delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Flyby Pilsner. 14 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to California Grab Bag. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Belligerent Bloke. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Sour Series Batch No. 7. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Epic Barley Wine. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Son of Juice. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Founders Centennial IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity