This Biere de Garde is a piece de resistance. First of all, the bottle itself is impressive: the black ceramic swing top bottle with the artwork on the front just looks old school cool. On the pour, the beer dribbles out of the narrow neck to glug its way into your glass. It's a light coppery color with medium carbonation and a significant cream colored, coarse bubbled head. The aroma is very sweet with a strong honey fragrance, and malt bringing up the rear. The flavor is super complex and pleasant, with honey and peach dancing on your tongue, fighting for top billing. It has a crisp finish as the honey/peach waltz abruptly ceases and bows out to leave a faint and satisfying bitter finish that flickers for half a second, then disappears. All in all, it's a delicious beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Monkey Knife Fight. 22 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 and 1 other listened to The Dark and the Pale. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Galaxy Park. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Category 5 IPA. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Neverending Haze IPA. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Space Needle Golden IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity