This Biere de Garde is a piece de resistance. First of all, the bottle itself is impressive: the black ceramic swing top bottle with the artwork on the front just looks old school cool. On the pour, the beer dribbles out of the narrow neck to glug its way into your glass. It's a light coppery color with medium carbonation and a significant cream colored, coarse bubbled head. The aroma is very sweet with a strong honey fragrance, and malt bringing up the rear. The flavor is super complex and pleasant, with honey and peach dancing on your tongue, fighting for top billing. It has a crisp finish as the honey/peach waltz abruptly ceases and bows out to leave a faint and satisfying bitter finish that flickers for half a second, then disappears. All in all, it's a delicious beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 59 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 2 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity