This Biere de Garde is a piece de resistance. First of all, the bottle itself is impressive: the black ceramic swing top bottle with the artwork on the front just looks old school cool. On the pour, the beer dribbles out of the narrow neck to glug its way into your glass. It's a light coppery color with medium carbonation and a significant cream colored, coarse bubbled head. The aroma is very sweet with a strong honey fragrance, and malt bringing up the rear. The flavor is super complex and pleasant, with honey and peach dancing on your tongue, fighting for top billing. It has a crisp finish as the honey/peach waltz abruptly ceases and bows out to leave a faint and satisfying bitter finish that flickers for half a second, then disappears. All in all, it's a delicious beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 300. 40 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 7 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity