Links:Brewery Ommegang Website
Rating:What did you think of it? Never Tried It
Podcast: Going Vertical with Three Philosophers
The oldest version from our recent Three Philosophers vertical tasting is the 2011. It clocks in at 9.8% and pours a dark amber color, reddish brown. The head is foamy, light khaki in color and dissipates pretty quickly. Noticeable aroma, but the aroma is subtler that the other versions we tried. Mouthfeel is a tad thicker with a nice viscosity that could have come about with a little more time in the bottle. There's a little more "old fruit" flavor, like raisin and prune, and not as much fresh, ripe, cherry flavors that we found in the newer versions. A bit oxidized, which isn't bad, and still completely drinkable at 7 years old. It's actually remarkably similar to the more recent releases. For a non-Barrel Aged beer, this has held up really well and while it might be hard to find now, it was really fun to try during our podcast where we compared this to the 2013 and 2015 editions.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for F* Cancer IPA. 40 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Vicinity. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 listened to San Diego Part 2. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Back to the Brews. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Blueberry Boyfriend. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Hazy Beer Quartet. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Little Juice Smoothie. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Operation IPA Overload. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Summer Beers 2022
JeffJ Mar 12, 2018 at 5:42PMGenerally this is one of my favorite beers from them but I'm not entirely sure if I had a 2011 batch. I buy it every few years not annually.
Leave a Comment: