The Monkster Mash pours a deep amber pumpkin color with a frothy white head that quickly recedes to a film constantly fed by lively and active carbonation. The nose is subtle, definitely pumpkin but also some sweet malt and bread. The flavor is also subtly done; there's some pumpkin and perhaps some nutmeg but it's thankfully muted. What really shines is the malt backbone and a caramel sweetness that's balanced with a dry bitterness perhaps from the spices. It finishes crisply with a bright acidity. It's smooth like the filling of a pumpkin pie, but not as concentrated. The mouthfeel is light and slightly thin.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Cashmere Pale Ale. 3 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to On the Boulevard. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Consecration. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to Some Pumpkins. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 4 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Christmas Show 2018. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Whale Bay. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity