Color is golden amber, somewhat murky and turbid in appearance, with one finger of white, foamy head. Aroma is inviting, with Belgian yeast, some spice, and herbal, earthy notes. The taste is pretty good, with blonde ale qualities at its core, complemented by hints of banana, clove, and light malty sweetness. We pick up on vanilla and berry as well. Hops are light, but there is an herbal undertone. Medium body and mellow carbonation, with a smooth mouthfeel. Finishes dry, with a long, lingering tail. Spencer is America’s first Trappist brewery, and they are making traditional ales that has us interested in trying a few more of their offerings.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 8 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Deep Search Baltic Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Davy Brown Ale
Champs de Fraises