Color is golden amber, somewhat murky and turbid in appearance, with one finger of white, foamy head. Aroma is inviting, with Belgian yeast, some spice, and herbal, earthy notes. The taste is pretty good, with blonde ale qualities at its core, complemented by hints of banana, clove, and light malty sweetness. We pick up on vanilla and berry as well. Hops are light, but there is an herbal undertone. Medium body and mellow carbonation, with a smooth mouthfeel. Finishes dry, with a long, lingering tail. Spencer is America’s first Trappist brewery, and they are making traditional ales that has us interested in trying a few more of their offerings.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 33 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Icelandic Toasted Porter. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Goosed. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Beaver State Brews. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Hitachino Nest White Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity