Level 1 is the first in the Super Beer Bros series, with this initial collaboration between El Segundo Brewing Company and Grains of Wrath Brewing. Appearance is a reddish copper color with an off-white, thick, foamy white. Aroma is dominated by piney hops and a sweet malt aroma. Taste is similar, with piney and resinous hops, but well balanced with a caramel malt sweetness. Tastes a bit like a Red IPA, but there's an accumulating spice to this, almost like a Rye IPA. Nice complex flavors as this beer pulls from a lot of different directions. Mouthfeel is warming with nice carbonation, medium body. We wouldn't call this a bitter DIPA, but there's a pleasant bitterness that comes through in the finish. Overall an outstanding beer and we'll be looking forward to Level 2!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Deep Search Baltic Porter. 7 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Oktoberfestivus. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Davy Brown Ale
Champs de Fraises