Level 1 is the first in the Super Beer Bros series, with this initial collaboration between El Segundo Brewing Company and Grains of Wrath Brewing. Appearance is a reddish copper color with an off-white, thick, foamy white. Aroma is dominated by piney hops and a sweet malt aroma. Taste is similar, with piney and resinous hops, but well balanced with a caramel malt sweetness. Tastes a bit like a Red IPA, but there's an accumulating spice to this, almost like a Rye IPA. Nice complex flavors as this beer pulls from a lot of different directions. Mouthfeel is warming with nice carbonation, medium body. We wouldn't call this a bitter DIPA, but there's a pleasant bitterness that comes through in the finish. Overall an outstanding beer and we'll be looking forward to Level 2!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Imperial Golden Nugget. 45 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Holy Hermit. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Upslope Pumpkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Ginnepin Saison Ale. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Biere de Mars. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Dark Island. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Zombie Dust. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for 3 Best Friends Coffee Vanilla Lager. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity