Level 1 is the first in the Super Beer Bros series, with this initial collaboration between El Segundo Brewing Company and Grains of Wrath Brewing. Appearance is a reddish copper color with an off-white, thick, foamy white. Aroma is dominated by piney hops and a sweet malt aroma. Taste is similar, with piney and resinous hops, but well balanced with a caramel malt sweetness. Tastes a bit like a Red IPA, but there's an accumulating spice to this, almost like a Rye IPA. Nice complex flavors as this beer pulls from a lot of different directions. Mouthfeel is warming with nice carbonation, medium body. We wouldn't call this a bitter DIPA, but there's a pleasant bitterness that comes through in the finish. Overall an outstanding beer and we'll be looking forward to Level 2!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for More Dark Lager. 14 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to L.A. Beers. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for American Cheat Codes. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Lustro. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity