Level 1 is the first in the Super Beer Bros series, with this initial collaboration between El Segundo Brewing Company and Grains of Wrath Brewing. Appearance is a reddish copper color with an off-white, thick, foamy white. Aroma is dominated by piney hops and a sweet malt aroma. Taste is similar, with piney and resinous hops, but well balanced with a caramel malt sweetness. Tastes a bit like a Red IPA, but there's an accumulating spice to this, almost like a Rye IPA. Nice complex flavors as this beer pulls from a lot of different directions. Mouthfeel is warming with nice carbonation, medium body. We wouldn't call this a bitter DIPA, but there's a pleasant bitterness that comes through in the finish. Overall an outstanding beer and we'll be looking forward to Level 2!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 43 minutes ago
- AnnaB listened to Get Back to Wort!. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 and 1 other listened to Stouting Match. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Kitty Kat Blues. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for The Orange Curtain. 7 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Red Glove. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity