5 Lb Sledge Hammer pours a super clear, golden amber color with an off-white bubbly head. The aroma is very inviting, leading into a fantastic hop bomb of tropical fruit and berry flavors. Resinous mouthfeel with a sticky mouthcoating. Bready and sweet caramel malt for balance. Both the 9.1% and 100+ IBUs are well hidden at first, but they do catch up with you later. Finish is smooth with just the right amount of bitterness. This is big, bold, and hoppy, and if you can hang, this is a rewarding Double IPA.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Murder of Crows. 56 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Gimme Mo. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for 20th Anniversary Ale. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Galactica IPA. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stouting Match. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Feminist. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity