Pours a dark brown, nearly black hue with one finger of dark khaki colored creamy head. Aroma of burnt malt, coffee, and dark chocolate. Taste has those same rich, roasted flavors from the aroma. Decadent malt flavors that taste almost like rich, chocolate cake. A bit of coffee and vanilla, and even some raspberry. Taste pivots from dark chocolate to milk chocolate as the beer warms. But, it's not super sweet and not bitter either. Really nicely balanced. The 10.2% is pretty well hidden. Medium body with a silky mouthfeel. Finishes smooth with a long finish of chocolate and vanilla.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Rajah. 17 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Orange County. 52 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to All About the Stout. 2 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Pacific Northwest. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Santilli. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Safety Porpoises. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Cougar. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Trejo's Cerveza. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity