Schwandtoberfest pours a dark copper color, slightly cloudy, with a thin, creamy, off-white head. The aroma has a classic Oktoberfest smell, with caramel malts and the slight spice of Bavarian hops. The taste follows the aroma but whereas some Oktoberfest beers load up on the caramel sweetness, this doesn't take the sweetness overboard. This is also more classically American with more citrus hop flavors, earthy malt notes and an oatmeal finish. It drinks more like an ale than a lager with a creamy mouthfeel. This is a tasty and complex hybrid of German and American style beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for AleWerks Pumpkin Ale. 34 minutes ago
- IPAman and 1 other listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 1 hour ago
- plarson listened to Oktoberfestivus. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Branches. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Anchor Summer Wheat. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Strange Green Beer, Apical Dominance, 4/20 and more!. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Barrel Project: Mango Sour Ale. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Karate Chimp. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity