Rye on Rye on Rye pours a dark reddish Amber with a coarse, thick white head. You can pick up Bourbon right out of the bottle pouring it into your glass. We also picked up some dark cherry notes marked with molasses. The taste is similar, starting with a boozy and bourbon bite followed by lots of fig, dark dried fruits and a thick molasses sweetness to take just a little of the edge off it. The mouthfeel is pretty heavy, but it's also heavily carbonated which makes it dance on your tongue a little like a sour might. Surprisingly enough given its name, the rye is subtle, peeking out and peaking mostly in the aftertaste. It tends to warm your throat a bit, reminding you it's there long after it's gone.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Exploring the Vault. 15 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Warsteiner Oktoberfest. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to Hop o' The Morning. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bruery Terreux Oude Tart with Cherries. 3 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Pacific Northwest. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hayburner. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to October Spectacular!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity