Rye on Rye on Rye pours a dark reddish Amber with a coarse, thick white head. You can pick up Bourbon right out of the bottle pouring it into your glass. We also picked up some dark cherry notes marked with molasses. The taste is similar, starting with a boozy and bourbon bite followed by lots of fig, dark dried fruits and a thick molasses sweetness to take just a little of the edge off it. The mouthfeel is pretty heavy, but it's also heavily carbonated which makes it dance on your tongue a little like a sour might. Surprisingly enough given its name, the rye is subtle, peeking out and peaking mostly in the aftertaste. It tends to warm your throat a bit, reminding you it's there long after it's gone.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Uppercut IPA. 34 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Squeezebox. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 004. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Southern Resident Killer Whale IPA. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 and 1 other listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Swirly - Chocolate/Vanilla Swirled Ale. 7 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Wild Little Thing. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity