Rye on Rye on Rye pours a dark reddish Amber with a coarse, thick white head. You can pick up Bourbon right out of the bottle pouring it into your glass. We also picked up some dark cherry notes marked with molasses. The taste is similar, starting with a boozy and bourbon bite followed by lots of fig, dark dried fruits and a thick molasses sweetness to take just a little of the edge off it. The mouthfeel is pretty heavy, but it's also heavily carbonated which makes it dance on your tongue a little like a sour might. Surprisingly enough given its name, the rye is subtle, peeking out and peaking mostly in the aftertaste. It tends to warm your throat a bit, reminding you it's there long after it's gone.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Schlafly Oatmeal Stout. 7 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Half Hitch. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Vanilla Oatis. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Vunderbar Pilsner. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Sip of Sunshine. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Sactown Brews. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Highland Oatmeal Porter. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity