Rye on Rye on Rye pours a dark reddish Amber with a coarse, thick white head. You can pick up Bourbon right out of the bottle pouring it into your glass. We also picked up some dark cherry notes marked with molasses. The taste is similar, starting with a boozy and bourbon bite followed by lots of fig, dark dried fruits and a thick molasses sweetness to take just a little of the edge off it. The mouthfeel is pretty heavy, but it's also heavily carbonated which makes it dance on your tongue a little like a sour might. Surprisingly enough given its name, the rye is subtle, peeking out and peaking mostly in the aftertaste. It tends to warm your throat a bit, reminding you it's there long after it's gone.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Pale to the King. 5 minutes ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other listened to The Dark and the Pale. 52 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Firestone Pale 31. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Anchor Steam Beer. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for MadeWest Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Blonde De L'Enfer (25th Anniversary Beer). 5 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to No Pumpkins Here. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity