Pours a completely opaque, pitch-black color. Head is dark khaki color. Very aromatic with caramel malt, molasses, and some earthy hops. Taste follows the nose with oatmeal and caramel malt up front, lots of coffee, and some chocolate and brown sugar sweetness on the back-end. We also picked up on nutty walnut flavors and also some accumulating smoky flavors. Medium body with a slightly chewy mouthfeel. Very impressive to have this style beer at 5.5% ABV that still brings the full flavor that you want from an Oatmeal Stout!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane listened to From the Archives Part 1. Less than a minute ago.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Mama's Little Yella Pils. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Help Yourself Batch 2. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Perpetual Haze. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Zaftig Wee Heavy. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Sam Adams Pumpkin Batch. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity