Pours a completely opaque, pitch-black color. Head is dark khaki color. Very aromatic with caramel malt, molasses, and some earthy hops. Taste follows the nose with oatmeal and caramel malt up front, lots of coffee, and some chocolate and brown sugar sweetness on the back-end. We also picked up on nutty walnut flavors and also some accumulating smoky flavors. Medium body with a slightly chewy mouthfeel. Very impressive to have this style beer at 5.5% ABV that still brings the full flavor that you want from an Oatmeal Stout!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for 300. 58 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Citra High. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Swami's IPA. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Hazy Shade of Winter. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hoss. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Old Scallywag - Oak Brandy Barrel Aged (2015). 5 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Purple Haze. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity