Color is a clear but non-transparent amber red. One finger of light tan colored frothy head with good retention. Aroma of pumpkin spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, and maybe clove? The taste begins with some candied yam or sweet potato flavors, along with a nuttiness like a brown ale. And it's hoppier than most pumpkin ales. Earthy and piney hops, coupled with roasted pumpkin flavors. The pumpkin flavor is more pumpkin seed and pumpkin spice rather than pumpkin fruit. The malts provide flavors of rye bread, black licorice, and molasses. Medium body, medium carbonation, and a slick mouthfeel. Mildly boozy with a sweetness like rum or cognac. Rich and complex but not too pumpkiny - this is a nice choice as we get deeper into pumpkin season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 33 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Sweet Baby Jesus. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Hogwaller Scramble. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Magnetic Fields. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Pacific Kolsch Highway. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for S'Mores. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Pacific Northwest. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity